Monday, February 18, 2013

A Series of Steps


Photoshop has a multitude of tools for adjusting your grayscale images and
fine tuning the colors you select for your final artwork. You should explore these
possibilities and enjoy the process. My first sketch of the gnome was scanned 
into Photoshop and saved as a grayscale image. I made sure my image was 
scanned and saved at 300 dpi or higher.



I turned the grayscale image into a duotone within Photoshop.
     This was achieved by going to the menu bar and selecting Image. From
   the drop-down menu Mode appears. Select Mode and select Duotone.  
    You should play around with Duotone, Tritone and Quatone. Some 
    exciting effects can be achieved.



The gnome color version is a bit more challenging because of the number of 
colors used in the final version. The coloring process is like orchestrating a group of 
musicians and deciding which selections of colors to use. For the final version of 
coloring I made sure I had a grayscale study prepared. This assists me in determining 
which areas will be dark or light in value. The grayscale study also assists me in the 
final selection of colors. Selecting warm or cool colors, dark or light areas applied and 
a number of other considerations.







No comments: